Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bon voyage

Travelling has always been my favourite and lately it has been a long time since i last made any trip . The last trip was made to Chanderi (Madhya Pradesh).
It goes without saying that India has scenic places which are yet to be discovered and explored,no doubt Madhya pradesh has been promoting its state tourism through Incredible India channels, it is  terrific actually
.It was my deep desire to visit chanderi and meet weavers of the town who were involved in this occupation since ages.  The beauty of the sarees these weavers weave is parallel to the exquisite beauty found in that place.
Okay ,apart from all that surprised me on that visit , I always wanted to share what all goes through my brain whenever i sit in a train,wait on the platform,catch a flight etc;
it is indeed surprising how i think about different things at the same time.
I would like to share somethiing which came through my mind after i saw fortune teller machines installed  on the platforms, I also read about them recently.
There are row of bizarre looking machines with flasing red and yellow lights inside them(enough to attract any person let alone ANY child). they also show you your weight for one rupee and tell your fortune as well.they work like this : leave aside your baggage and stand on the place provided  facing the lights which flash in kaleidoscopic manner.
you need to indert one rupee coin and the the machine starts working.
lights flash like crazy and the machine goes tick tock  and then there is a loud noise when it comes out with stiff chit of cardboard generally yellow in colour(sometimes light pink).the lights and noise calm down . on this chit will be written your weight and your fortune.
two kinds of people use this machine : the children of the rich ;or the fully grown adults of the poorer class,who remain all their lives children ;)
PICTURE (above): the beautiful town of chanderi (about which i will specially write in details ,because i do not want to miss a single point ) besides me.:)
 My every journey made me think somethings which  otherwise,would never even come in rarest of my  dreams. There were any others too which i might have forgotten,once i am reminded of them, i will definitely come back and write up about them too !:)

No comments: